Guided walking tour of North Devon & Exmoor
- Walk the stunning coast and country of North Devon and Exmoor with a knowledgeable and friendly local guide
- Visit 'hidden gems' of the area - from the old-world charm of remote hamlets and traditional villages to expansive moors, secluded coves, and exposed headlands
- Explore the moorland regions of Exmoor with their quaint villages and distant expansive views
- Enjoy the scrumptiously local hearty food and drink with real West Country hospitality
Starting dates: Any day, all year long
Fitness rating: Moderate
Enjoy a sojourn into the beautiful and wild North Devon and Exmoor countryside, well away from the crowds, in the company of a local and knowledgeable guide.
Our feature Guided Walking holiday is 5 day walking break with 7 nights accommodation based in the picture postcard seaside villages of Croyde and Woolacombe. Every day the walks will journey through different parts of North Devon and Exmoor coast and moors. We think it is an ideal length of walking holiday in order to get a real lasting impression of what this path less trodden part of the West Country is all about... and hopefully wanting to return again and again in the future.
Such is the diversity of its landscapes, our region boasts designated Areas of Natural Beauty, the Exmoor National Park, the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Braunton Burrows, and over 140 stunning miles of the South West Coast Path.
There is no need to despair if you cannot make a whole walking week. We are also very happy to organise shorter breaks - from day walks to weekend breaks - all to suit you and your group's requirement.
Furthermore, we welcome all sizes of groups, from singles and couples on up to bigger private and mixed groups. So you can book a trip that's private to your own group or are happy to be part of a group with others.
Highlights of our walking week
- 5 days of guided walks along and around the North Devon and West Somerset stretches of the South West Coast Path and Exmoor. I will always aim to give our guests a true representation of the variety of landscapes and terrains this beautiful region has to offer - always paying close attention to your interests.
- Your 7 nights accommodation choice will be selected by you from an array of fantastic bed & breakfasts, self catering cottages, village pubs, or hotels. We try to cater as best we can for the different tastes and budgets of our guests.
- Our service includes: Daily pick up and drop off transport from your accommodation, Packed lunches, Photos of the walking week.
- Walking pace will be nice and steady. Distances covered on a day walk could be anything from 5-10 miles - depending on terrain and the make up and wishes of the group. There will be pauses and added inclusions along the way to take in sites of interest - wildlife and historical. This definately will not be a route march.
- It is difficult to summarise exactly what a walking week will entail - given the expanse of the West Somerset-North Devon stretch of the South West Coast Path and the sheer scale of Exmoor. Factors, such as the make up of the group, previously expressed special interests of the group, and weather conditions could all influence the week's walking itinerary. We could be walking:
- The North Devon Coast - A spectacular, wild and beautiful section of the South West Coast Path, which includes some easy cliff paths across exposed headlands, sheltered sandy beaches and traditional seaside villages. Stunning views aplenty.
- The Wilderness Coast of Exmoor - A truly rugged stretch of coast with the highest sea cliffs in England and far reaching views across the Bristol Channel to South Wales. It must the quietest stretch of the complete South West Coast Path... oh, and it's got to be the most picturesque.
- The Exmoor National Park - A sense of traditional rural life from a bygone age. Includes rolling heath moorland with expansive views, working farmland, sheltered wooded cleaves and a very light peppering of quite remote country villages.
We can send more detailed information of the 5 day walks and 7 night stay for you to look over, which also includes the websites of our accommodation recommendations.
I can assure you that you will get the best personal service, the accumulation of a lifetime of acquired knowledge and experience in both the outdoors and management industries. But above all you will get an entertaining and informative insiders view of one of the most unique and beautiful area in the whole of the UK.
Your average walking day consists of being picked up by 9.30am in our comfortable air conditioned VW Kombi Van. Depending on the weather and wind direction I will choose where we are walking for the day. So many times we have timed our walking day to perfection dodging the inclement weather. Local knowledge and some good weather watching often works wonders when it comes to choosing a walking location the day.